Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Egg Cups

Egg Cups

10 eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 can green chilies
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chili Powder ( a couple "shakes")
About 1/2 cup (or so) of ham.  I used ham lunchmeat.

Beat eggs with a whisk.  Then add other ingredients.  Pour into greased muffin tin.  (I used regular tins and they stuck some, should have used my silicone pan).  You can get them pretty full,they puff up but not a whole lot.  It made a dozen.  We ate about half of them for breakfast and I put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow...we'll see how they heat up!

I can see lots of ways to vary this up...with different cheeses, meats, seasonings.  You could also pour the eggs in the pan without the meats and seasonings and each family member could probably make them to suit their own tastes.  

I found this recipe online, can't remember where, I did modify it far from the original so  I guess that means it's mine huh?  The original called for Monterrey Jack cheese (I had that but the cheddar was already shredded).  Did not call of any chili powder ( how could they be called tex-mex without it?). It DID call for hot sauce.  I called for chicken instead of ham...I thought chicken for breakfast sounded weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment