Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

Honey Whole Wheat Bread
(Recipe from Betty Crocker Cookbook)















3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Shortening
3 teaspoons salt
2 pkgs yeast or (4 1/2 teaspoons)
2 1/4 Cups very warm water
3-4 cups all purpose flour


Okay so now this recipe proceeds into all the intricate details of making bread (I'll post those if you need me to).  But for me...I dumped it all in my bread machine in the "order suggested by manufactuer" and hit the dough cycle.  I started with 3 cups all purpose flour and just watched it as it came to a dough and added more.  When it went off, I divided it in half (recipe makes two loaves) put one in my loaf pan and the other made about 5 big buns.  Let rise until I was satisfied with the size and baked until golden brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment