Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fantasy Fudge


This is the one and only fudge recipe I've ever made.  Its pretty fail proof and easy and oh so good.  I made it twice this Holiday season, the second time it was this weekend for dear hubby's birthday, he likes it better than cake!  This is the recipe always on the back of the Marshmellow Creme jar!

Fantasy Fudge

3 Cups Sugar
3/4 Butter or Margarine (works well with both, but if you are going to be "bad" go all the way and use butter!!)
1 small can (5oz)  or 2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 jar (7 oz) Marshmellow Creme
12 squares semi-sweet chocolate (I use chocolate chips instead...2 Cups)
1 Cup Chopped nuts (if you dont have them no biggie)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cook sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan until it comes to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.   Boil 4 minutes, or until candy thermometer reaches 234*F (my thermometer broke and I havent replaced it, timing it works well for me).  Remove from heat and stir in marshmellow creme, chocolate, nuts, and vanilla. 
Spread into pan that is carefully lined with foil (hanging over the edges so you can lift it out).  I use a silicone baking pan, pops out perfectly.  Or if you arent overly concerned with presentation any pan will work fine.  Let cool about 4 hours or until totally set.  Remove from pan and cut into 1 inch squares! 

Note:  I didnt have nuts but did have leftover M&Ms that I just sprinkled on top and pressed in a little while it was still warm!

1 comment:

  1. looks great as a Christmas type dessert with those m&m's on it!

    ReplyDelete